enable two-factor authentication for CEX.IO
- Log in to your CEX.IO account.
- Click on your account icon in the top right corner and select “Security” from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the “Two-Factor Authentication” section and click on “Enable”.
- Download and install the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the Google Authenticator app and scan the QR code displayed on the CEX.IO screen.
- Enter the six-digit code generated by the Google Authenticator app into the “Verification code” field on the CEX.IO screen.
- Click on “Enable 2FA” to complete the process.
Once you have enabled Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), you will be prompted to enter a verification code generated by the Google Authenticator app every time you log in or perform a high-risk action on CEX.IO, such as withdrawing funds.
This added layer of security helps protect your account from unauthorized access and ensures that only you can perform transactions on the platform.