enable two-factor authentication for Bitfinex
- Log in to your Bitfinex account.
- Click on your username in the top right corner of the page and select “Security” from the dropdown menu.
- Under the “Two-Factor Authentication” section, click on the “Enable” button.
- Choose the type of 2FA you want to enable – you can choose either “Google Authenticator” or “Yubikey”.
- If you choose Google Authenticator, install the app on your smartphone and scan the QR code displayed on the Bitfinex website.
- Enter the 6-digit verification code generated by the Google Authenticator app.
- If you choose Yubikey, insert the Yubikey into your computer’s USB port and click “Continue”. Tap the Yubikey button to complete the setup.
After completing the setup, you will need to enter the 2FA code every time you log in to your Bitfinex account or perform certain sensitive actions such as withdrawing funds.
It is highly recommended to enable 2FA on your Bitfinex account to enhance the security of your account and protect it from unauthorized access.