enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on Binance
- Log in to your Binance account.
- Click on the user icon in the top right corner of the screen and select “Account” from the dropdown menu.
- Click on “Security” from the options on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Under “Two-factor Authentication,” click “Enable.”
- Download and install the Google Authenticator app on your mobile device.
- Open the Google Authenticator app and scan the QR code provided on Binance’s website.
- Enter the six-digit code generated by the app into the box on Binance’s website and click “Submit.”
- Binance will ask you to enter your login password and 2FA code for verification.
Once you’ve completed the verification process, 2FA will be enabled on your Binance account.
Note that 2FA adds an extra layer of security to your Binance account by requiring a verification code generated by the Google Authenticator app in addition to your login password. This helps to prevent unauthorized access to your account even if your password is compromised. It is highly recommended that all Binance users enable 2FA to protect their assets.